Transmitting informational communication relative to CSX.
# 8.39C CM April 13, 2010
Transmitting informational communication relative to CSX Corporation's responses to City Council.
# 14l CM March 23, 2010
In Committee March 31, 2010 - Held
Transmitting informational communication relative to Freight and Commuter Rail Transportation.
# 8.39B CM February 23, 2010
In Committee March 31, 2010 - Held except for the portion of the item relating to three zone changes which was referred to the Planning Board.
1. Steven O'Connor, Worcester resident
2. John Reed, Worcester resident
3. Atty. Todd Rodman, representing David Clark Company, Worcester resident
4. Jo Hart, Worcester resident
5. Jack Donahue, Business Representative for Carpenter's and Building Trades representative, Worcester resident
6. Leonard Ciuffredo, Worcester resident
7. Bill Rocco, no residence given
8. Keith Scott, Worcester resident
9. George Kerxhalli, no residence given
10. Louis Mangano, Worcester resident
11. Marilyn Wellens, Cambridge resident
12. Vince Molinari, Worcester resident
Request City Manager consider having an independent review conducted of the proposed CSX traffic plan.
Request City Manager request CSX consider the options for an enhanced rail underpass at Putnam Lane.
Request City Manager request CSX consider the highest and best use of those properties immediately surrounding an expanded CSX rail yard.
Request City Manager provide the City Council with a comparison of the taxable values of properties surrounding the proposed CSX expanded rail yard for this fiscal year and the values expected to be realized after the completion of the project.
Request City Manager request CSX provide the City Council with a report detailing the number of new vehicle trips expected in Atlanta Street and include information pertaining to drainage issues.
Request City Manager request the MBTA provide the City Council with clarification of the planned increase in the Worcester-Boston commuter runs with detail as to the total number of daily runs both during peak and off-peak hours.
Request City Manager work with the administration of the Worcester Public Schools to determine how students who currently walk from the Shrewsbury Street neighborhood to North High School on Harrington Way will access their school if the Putnam Lane underpass is closed.
Request City Manager report to the City Council concerning the several rail bridges that intersect the canal district.