CITY OF WORCESTER
Economic Development Committee Meeting
Tuesday, January 26, 2016
Esther Howland (South) Chamber
Convened: 5:03 P.M.
Adjourned: 6:49 P.M.
Joseph M. Petty
Clerk of the City Council
David J. Rushford
|Chairperson Tony Economou |
|Councilor Sarai Rivera |
|Councilor George J Russell |
City Hall - 455 Main Street Worcester, Massachusetts
|Present Were:||Chairperson Councilor Tony Economou
Councilor Sarai Rivera
Councilor George J Russell|
|Also:||Chief Development Officer Michael Traynor
Assistant Chief Development Officer for Business and Community Development Paul D. Morano, Jr.
Assistant Chief Development Officer for Planning and Regulatory Services Stephen S. Rolle
Councilor Gary Rosen
Assistant City Clerk Susan M. Ledoux, clerk|
Report of the Planning Board Upon the Petition of William Sylvester and Paul Towler request the BG-2 zone be extended to include the entire parcel at 1023 Main St., the American Legion Main South Post 341.
# 15a CC December 15, 2015
Councilor Rivera requested to be recused and left the chamber.
1. Attorney Todd Brodeur, representing the petitioner.
2. William Breault, Worcester resident
3. Robert Carrigan, Worcester resident
Accept the Report of the Planning Board and Approve on a roll call vote of 2 Yeas and 0 Nays
Communication of the City Manager recommend adoption of a resolution to designate 33 and 57 Southgate Street as a Certified Project and approve a Tax Increment Financing Plan for the property.
# 9.4F CM December 15, 2015
1. Craig Thornton, representing Absolute Machinery
2. Ron Charette, Worcester resident
3. Jane Gasek, Worcester resident
4. William Breault, Worcester resident
5. Wesley Bradwell, Worcester resident
Recommend Approval on a roll call vote of 3 Yeas and 0 Nays
Chairman's Order from the Standing Committee on Economic Development - Request City Manager review the TIF policies established in other communities and recommend to the City Council for review, approval and implementation a policy for Worcester that includes timelines that applicants can rely on when proposing development. (see attachments)
# 10a CC October 20, 2015
Order of Councilor George J. Russell - Request Standing Committee on Economic Development work with the City Manager's Economic Development staff to create a written process similar to those provided by the Zoning Board of Appeals and Planning Board that provides a sixty (60) to ninety (90) day maximum timetable for TIF and other similar development applications. This process should comply with the Economic Development Committee's regular scheduled meetings.
# 11j CC June 16, 2015
In Committee October 13, 2015 - Held
Communication of the City Manager transmitting informational communication regarding the City's Tax Increment Financing Policy.
# 13.4A CM January 12, 2016
1. Frank Kartheiser, Worcester resident
2. Brian Brousseau, Worcester resident
3. Leonard P Cooper, Worcester resident
4. Jo Hart, Worcester resident
5. Douglas Daigle, residence not known
6. Leo Miller, Worcester resident
7. Yvette Tolson, Worcester resident
8. Martha Assefa, Worcester resident
9. Eric Tyler, Worcester resident
10. Chris Horton, Worcester resident
11. Stephen Teasdale, Worcester resident
12. Julius Jones, Worcester resident
13. Moses Dickson, Worcester resident
14. Luz Vega, Worcester resident
15. Kevin Ksen, Worcester resident
16. Jack Donahue, Worcester resident
Order of Councilor Konstantina B. Lukes – Request City Manager amend the City’s Tax Increment Financing Policy to require compliance reports be provide to City Council as part of the quarterly Economic Development Initiative Report.
# 25a CC January 12, 2016