COMMERCE & DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
JULY 29, 2003
Convened: 6:07 p.m.
Adjourned: 7:10 p.m.
Councillor Michael C. Perotto
Councillor Philip P. Palmieri
Also: City Manager Thomas R. Hoover
Chief Development Officer Philip J. Niddrie
Special Project Manager Stephen O’Neil
City Solicitor David M. Moore
City Clerk David J. Rushford, clerk
1. Communication of the City Manager relative to the Ramp Removal Agreement by and between Connecticut General Life Insurance Company and the City of Worcester.
#8I CM July 1, 2003
2. Communication of the City Manager relative to assessed values on all
#4B CM February 11, 2003
3. Communication of the City Manager relative to assessed value of the Common Outlet.
#4D CM January 28, 2003
4. Communication of the City Manager relative CIGNA Letter regarding Worcester Common Outlets.
#8L CM December 17, 2002 ( Tabled from December 17, 2002 – Referred to Commerce & Development - July 1, 2003)
5. Order of Councillor Lukes – Request Administration to contact CIGNA relative to the feasibility of linking up Front St. with Washington Sq. and Shrewsbury St. and explore financial incentives that might facilitate that.
#29n CC December 17, 2002 (Tabled from December 17, 2002 – Referred to Commerce & Development – July 1, 2003)
6. Communication of the City Manager relative to Worcester Common Outlet Tax Escrow Payment.
#7A CM September 24, 2002
1. Request the City Manager provide the City Council with a description of the specific improvements to be made to the CIGNA property to improve the ease of access including handicapped access from the proposed bus station across Worcester Center Boulevard.
2. Request the City Manager provide the City Council with a report in 30 days concerning the funding of the Worcester Common Outlet mall ramp removal project and reimbursement from the forced account at MassHighway.
3. Request the City Manager report to the City Council concerning the future funding for the construction of the pedestrian walkway that is proposed to span Worcester Center Boulevard between the proposed bus ports and the Worcester Common Outlet mall garage.
4. Request the City Manager provide City Council with the plan for temporary access into Union Station and Washington Square from Worcester Center Boulevard during that period of time that the overhead ramp is demolished.