COMMERCE & DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
JANUARY 2, 2003
832 MILLBURY ST - QUINSIGAMOND ROOM
Convened: 6:03 p.m.
Adjourned: 8:40 p.m.
†††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Councillor Michael C. Perotto
†††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Councillor Philip P. Palmieri
†††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Councillor Paul P. Clancy, Jr.
†††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Councillor Stephen T. Patton
†††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Councillor Konstantina B. Lukes
Also: City Manager Thomas R. Hoover
††††††††† Chief Development Officer Philip J. Niddrie
††††††††† Public Works Commissioner Robert L. Moylan
††††††††† Deputy City Solicitor Michael Traynor
††††††††† State Senator Guy Glodis
††††††††† City Clerk David J. Rushford, clerk
1.†††††† Communication of the City Manager relative to the Agreement with Providence and Worcester Railroad and Liberty Properties Corporation.
††††††††† #8H CM† October 15, 2002
2.†††††† Communication of the City Manager relative to Greenwood Street Landfill Update.
††††††††† #8E CM† December 3, 2002
2. Herbert Berg, Berg the Florist, Sutton resident
†††††††††††††††††† 3. Jack Donahue, 16 Victoria Avenue, Worcester
4. Charlotte Tremblay, 24 Halmstad Street, Worcester
5. Paul Victor, AMI leasing
6. Barbara T. White, 38 Upland Gardens Drive, Worcester
7. Jane Petrella, 245 Greenwood Street, Worcester
8. Arhtur Tremblay, 24 Halmstad Street, Worcester
9. John McNabb, Attorney for Rand Whitney Corp.
10. Sally Plonski, 813 Millbury Street, Worcester
1. Request the Administration arrange a site visit to a MEA assessment
Site where work is in-progress.
2. Request the Administration identify the process that would be put in place to guarantee that agreements concerning the assessment of the Greenwood Street landfill are followed to the satisfaction of the neighborhood and City of Worcester.
3. Request the City Manager consider asking that a $1.50 per ton fee be agreed upon for topping soil at the Greenwood Street landfill.
4. Request the City Manager to consider the hours of operation associated with the Assessment of the Greenwood Street landfill from a traffic point-of-view.
5. Request the City Manager provide the City Council with a copy of the re-use guidelines for landfills.
6. Request the Administration provide the City Council with a build-out analysis of the Greenwood Street landfill as the project moves forward.