COMMERCE & DEVELOPMENT
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
FEBRUARY 6, 2001
Convened: 6:47 P.M.
Adjourned: 7:00 P.M.
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBER
†††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Councillor Dennis L. Irish
†††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Co-Chair Councillor Paul P. Clancy, Jr.
†††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Councillor Janice L. Nadeau
Also:†††††††††††††††††††† City Manager Thomas R. Hoover,
†††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Chief Development Office Phil Niddrie
†††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Assistant City Manager Paul LaCava
†††††††††††††††††††††††††††† City Solicitor David M. Moore
†††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Budget Director John Pranckevicius
†††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Human Resource Director Jan Borg Silverman
†††††††††††††††††††††††††††† City Clerk David J. Rushford, clerk
1. Communication of the City Manager recommending adoption of a further comprehensive reorganization plan involving the various city agencies responsible for economic development and neighborhood services. (Referred jointly to Commerce & Development and Community Development)
#8B CM††††††††††††††† January 9, 2001
For the February 13th, 2001 calendar
2. Communication of the City Manager transmitting communication relative to proposed reorganization plan for development agencies of the City.†† (Referred to Commerce & Development)
#8A CM††††††††††††††† January 23, 2001
1. Request the City Manager provide the City Council with a listing of all the positions referred to in the latest reorganization plan that are funded through the Community Development Block Grant.
2. Request the City Manager provide the City Council with a copy of the proposed agreement between the City of Worcester and the Worcester Business Development Corporation for the development of Washington Square and Union Station.
3. Request the City Manager provide the City Council with the plans for workforce development, and a narrative as to how it will be coordinated with the Economic Development Office.
4. Request the City Manager provide the City Council with a copy of the agreement between the City of Worcester and the Worcester Marketing Corporation.
5. Request the City Manager provide the City Council with a report comparing the total annualized cost of the former Office of Planning and Community Development to the new Economic Development and Neighborhood Services Offices, pre and post reorganization to include the Worcester Redevelopment Authority and any other relevant departments, agencies boards and commissions (i.e. an economic impact study of the reorganization)