The Committee Co-Chairs opened the hearing concerning the Mayorís Task Force report @ 6:07 p.m. by asking the Task Force Co-Chairs to review their work. The Committee Co-Chairs also asked Roberta Schaefer of the WRRB to elaborate on the report from her Bureau.
Several Councilors questioned the Task Force Co-Chairs and Ms. Schaefer. Then several speakers were heard. They were:
1. David P. Forsberg, 3804 Knightsbridge Close, Worcester
2. Dr. Jan Yost, 55 Whisper Drive, Worcester
3. Kevin Ksen, 5 Shawmut Street, Worcester
4. Mike Benedetti, 52 Mason Street, Worcester
5. Barbara Kohin, 11 Berwick Street, Worcester
6. Rev. Mark Beckwith, 11 Whitman Road, Worcester
7. Cha-Cha Connor, 67 Charlotte Street, Worcester
8. Adria Bernardi, 11 Westland Street, Worcester
9. John Mannina, 1 Dennison Road, Worcester
The following people were on the list to speak, but, were postponed speaking until the next meeting:
1. Marge Purves
2. Larry Gottleib
3. Michael True
4. Sarah Loy
5. Kathleen Winsor
6. Marie Sanchirico
7. Chris Comeaux
8. Bill Breault
9. Lynne Simonds
The next meeting of the Committee is scheduled for Monday, December 19, 2005 @ 6:00 p.m. in the Council Chamber. At that time, the hearing will resume and those not given an opportunity to speak at this meeting will be heard in the order in which they appear above.† The hearing was recessed @ 8:10 p.m.
1.†††††† Communication of Mayor Timothy P. Murray transmitting a report concerning the siting and tax impact of taking properties off the tax roll
††††††††† #60a CC October 11, 2005
3.† †††† Communication of the City Manager relative to social service zoning and permitting enforcement regulations in the Town of Framingham.
††††††††† #22A CM November 22, 2005
1. Request the City Manager to request the City Solicitor to report to the City Council concerning whether or not a local determination is allowed under current statute concerning sobriety when consideration is being given to the siting of social service programming and also whether the definition of what constitutes an educational organization is defined by, or needs further clarification in statute.
2. Request the City Manager provide the City Council with copies of any research or therapeutic data that might support the statement that fewer than eight people in a residential treatment program is of therapeutic benefit to the recipients.